Let's Get Ready to Garden!
January 15, 2021
It might be too early to plant your seeds or your garden, but it's not too early to start thinking about it. Here are some tips from our resident grower to prepare yourself for this year's growing season.
- Start thinking about what you want to grow.
- Start thinking about where you want to grow.
- Do you want to start your seeds inside? If so, when should you plant them? Do you have a good spot in your house that gets good sun? Do you have soil? Do you have containers?
- If you are planting outside, map out your garden - how many rows will you have of each vegetable? Be sure to research growing times and best times to plant.
- If you have old pots, it's a good idea to wash them in soap and water to rid them of any potential infections.
- Get your seeds ahead of time. Last year seeds were hard to find. This year, we recommend you buy your seeds as soon as you can and keep them in a dark, cool place, or the refrigerator.
- Don't forget the soil.
As always, if you have any questions, call us at 403-938-4094.